St. Joseph Catholic School
2018-2019 School Year
St. Joseph Catholic School is currently accepting applications for 2018-2019 school year. We are pleased that you have chosen St. Joseph Catholic School to be your partner in educating your child(ren). Please take special notice of application instructions and deadlines.
General Information for ALL registrations:
- The Diocese of Orlando requires that all immunization records be current and on file in the school office. Religious exemptions are not accepted; medical exemptions must be submitted to Mrs Haas for Diocesan approval.
- All families agree to complete 20 service hours during the school year (2 at Fall Fest).
- All students in Pre K through grade 8 must wear school uniforms purchased from the school new/used uniform store.
- Basic Age Requirements for Admission are:
- Pre K 3 and 4 applicants must be 3 or 4 years old, respectively, on or before Sept. 1st and fully toilet trained.
- Kindergarten applicants must be 5 years old on or before Sept. 1st.
- Families wishing to register a non-immigrant alien student should contact Mrs. Haas in the school office.
Steps for Applying:
- New families are encouraged to schedule a meeting and tour with the principal, Mrs. Haas. Please call the school office at 863-293-3311 to schedule an appointment.
- Complete the online application forms found on our website at stjosephwhschool.org.
- FACTs is our Tuition Management System. All families must register on FACTs and select a payment option. You can access FACTs via the St. Joseph homepage at www.stjosephwhschool.org and click on the white FACTs box.
- Submit your completed enrollment application with applicable fee (see tuition and fees) to the school office.
Two opportunities for financial assistance:
- 1. Families should apply for Step Up for Students first (www.stepupforstudents.org). New family applications should be available March 1st. Renewal applications are currently available.
- 2. All families needing financial assistance that do not qualify for Step Up for Students MUST complete the online scholarship application by choosing the white FACTs box from the www.stjosephwhschool.org homepage. Because of the limited amount of financial aid available, families requesting financial aid MUST APPLY BY APRIL 15, 2018.
All families new to St. Joseph need to submit the following with their registration:
- FL Certificate of Immunization (blue card)
- Student Health Examination. All shot records need to be current.
- Baptismal Certificate, if applicable
- Birth Certificate
- Copy of testing results for exceptional student services (gifted, learning disabilities, etc.)
For grades 1-8, additional items:
- Copy of most recent report card
- Copy of final report card from previous year
- Copy of most recent standardized test results (FSA for Florida public schools grades 3-8)
For grades 6-8, additional items:
- Meet with Mrs. Haas prior to registration
- For McKay students, IEP must be submitted and meet with Mrs. Haas
An emphasis on sound Christian values, academic excellence, learning in a caring atmosphere, interaction with nurturing staff and opportunities for family involvement are of prime importance to all of us at St. Joseph Catholic School. We are delighted that you agree with us. If you have any questions, please call the school office at 293-3311.