- Title tutors are provided on campus for students who qualify for assistance in reading and math.
- Guidance services are available to assist families in securing screening for students in Speech and Language, etc.
- Reading and Math Enrichment is provided to students in grades 1-5 who qualify.
- All middle school teachers are available after school for 30 minutes daily to provide additional classroom support to all students.
- Triple Check is provided daily for middle school students requiring support in organization.
- All teachers strive to partner with parents in educating their child. Teachers are always available to schedule Parent Teacher Conferences.
- An online portal is available to all parents to access student grades and monitor individual student progress/grades.
Student learning in grades 2-8 are assessed using the nationally nominated TerraNovas. Testing for grades 2-8 takes place in the spring. Students at St. Joseph Catholic School consistently score above average when compared nationally on the Iowa Test of Basic Skills.
Report cards are issued in grades Pre K3-8. Formal mandatory parent-teacher conferences are scheduled once a year. Student lead writing conferences are held every spring.
Parents of students in grades 3-8 may check on their child’s progress daily via the Parent Portal. Parents are encouraged to confer with teachers by appointment whenever the need arises
The current grading scale for grades 3-8:
90-100 = A
80-89 = B
70-79 = C
60-69 = D
0 -59 = F